In today’s advanced technological world, almost every organization is using data for its business operations. The fact is that data science and analysis job posts are almost the hardest ones for a company to fill. High and continuous demand for data professionals is making it one of the most in-demand careers in the IT field. There are thousands of job roles waiting for enough candidates to fill them.
Here, Data Analytics refers to the process of sorting through massive amounts of unstructured information and finding valuable insights from it. It involves mechanical processes and algorithms that can automate processes and techniques of data analytics that work over raw data for human consumption. Data analytics can help businesses optimize their performance and make them efficient.
Data analytics is a lucrative and in-demand career that you can jump into this career with basic knowledge after taking some data analytics courses. The key attraction for this career is that you don’t need to be a math whiz to do it. But It is a broad area that involves many types of data analysis where any type of information can be subjected to data analytics techniques to get insights. That’s why several people are taking an interest in, Data Analytics course in Kolkata to land a career in the data world.
This article is all about a career in data analytics and some steps to start a career in this domain.
A Career in Data Analytics
Data analytics provides excellent opportunities for jobs from which you can choose and explore a career in this domain. Some of the important job roles in data analytics are mentioned below.
- Data Scientist- The data scientist career is one of the most prominent careers. Their main job is to collect and analyze data that can be communicated as actionable insight.
- Business analysts- These analysts analyze business-specific data.
- Data Engineer- Data Engineers are tasked with optimizing the organization’s infrastructure around many different analytics processes and focus on huge data sets.
- Corporate strategy analysts- They focus on analyzing company-wide data and advertising management on strategic direction.
- Data analyst- Their main job is to interpret and represent data in various forms to get actionable insights. They are required in several industries as they can help to segregate and simplify data from several systems that can be shared for further analytics.
Machine learning engineer, Data journalist, Database admin, Financial analyst, Product analyst, Business intelligence Analyst, Budget Analyst, Compensation and benefits analyst, Insurance underwriting analyst, Actuary, etc are some more job roles available in this dynamic field to explore your potential. Data Analyst Interview Questions.
Certifications For Data Analytics
Data analytics certifications can help you get better job opportunities. If you are seeking a data analytics career, then the following mentioned certifications are worth achieving.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Management and Analytics
- Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst
- Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
- IBM Data Analytics with Excel and R Professional certificate
- EMC Proven Professional Data Scientist Associate (EMCDSA)
- SAS Certified Data Scientist Using SAS® 9
Salaries For Data Analysts
Salaries for Data Analysts are rising because almost every business operation is backed by numbers. They provide much-needed insights and better ideas of what worked well. So employers are offering data analysts quite attractive salaries all over the world. The average annual salary of a data analyst in the USA is over $65000. However, success in the role can lead to senior positions with salaries exceeding $135,000. In India, they can earn an average annually of over ₹9,50,000.
How To Start a Career In Data Analytics
Jumpstart Your data analytics career with some of the crucial steps mentioned below.
- Earn Minimum Required Qualification- To start a career in Data Analytics, it is necessary to earn a bachelor’s degree in a field with an impact of analytical and statistical skills such as computer science and mathematics. There are several certification courses available that are provided by reputed and ranked providers. Achieving any certification in Data analytics can help you get your dream job easily.
- Develop Data Analytics skills- Before starting a career, it is also important to learn and develop crucial data analytics skills and tools that will make you invaluable to potential employers. There are two types of skills required to become a successful data analyst.
Soft Skills- There are a number of soft skills required in this dynamic job role, such as effective communication skills, leadership skills, project management skills, organization skills, and above all, critical thinking skills. All these skills are important regardless of the industry in order to be an effective data analyst.
Technical Skills- Besides soft skills, you are also required to learn and develop several technical skills to perform your duties as a data analyst. Some of the most in-demand technical analytical skills are Data visualization, Machine learning, MapReduce, Predictive analysis, and fundamental knowledge/understanding of Data Science and Big data.
Some analytical tools are also beneficial to learn such as MongoDB, Apache Hadoop, Apache Pig, Apache Hive, etc. as employers seek to hire professionals working with these specific tools.
Data Analysts can also possess some transferable skills such as Creativity, Time management, Leadership, Teamwork, Budgeting, etc.
- Coding- The next step to begin your career as a data analyst is to learn to code as it is considered one of the most important skills to effectively work in an analytical role. It involves the ability to read, write, and analyze data and code. Some of the most in-demand analytical tools and programming languages for coding are Python, SQL, R, and Excel. So every data analyst must learn at least 1or 2 programming languages to understand fundamental coding.
- Networking- Expand your connections and networking, which is important for any type of career. Join networking events to broaden your knowledge and get into the world of your interest. Find friends and people who are in the same fields or roles. You can also attempt data competitions and perform some real-time industry projects to land a career in this domain.
- Make an attractive Portfolio- Now it’s time to showcase your abilities. A portfolio is evidence of your qualifications, degrees, certifications, skills, and abilities. Make your ePortfolio that gives an impressive impact than a resume. You can also sign up for Kaggle and can create a Github profile to showcase your expertise.
Nowadays, there is a high and continuous demand for data analysts as there is a huge shortage of skilled and talented people. So be ready to grab the opportunities and gear up your career in data analytics.